This easy Weeknight Beef and Broccoli recipe is better than take-out and can be made in just 30 minutes! Tender beef and amazing sauce with garlic and ginger, served over hot cooked rice.
Chinese take out is a must in our home. Once I ventured out of my traditional soul food roots, I knew it would be at the top of my list.
Over time I learned that the robust trinity flavor profile for most of these meals are garlic, onion, and ginger. I’m sure to include these each time I created a new way to cook up our take out favs.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN 3 STEPS:
1. Prep the steak. Slice or cube beef to desired size if needed and then place beef In a small to medium bowl and add cornstarch, baking soda, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, 1tsp rice wine toss until beef is well coated set aside
2. Make the sauce. In a small bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients.
3. Cook the steak. Heat cooking oil in wok or medium to large skillet over medium high heat. Add previously prepared beef mixture along with onion, garlic, and ginger brown meat until your desired doneness. Add sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes then toss in broccoli and combine until both the broccoli and beef are covered in sauce.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:
I like to make this recipe fresh but you can definitely prep it ahead of time. Make the sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients and storing them in the refrigerator before using. You can also slice the meat ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready cook
Store beef and broccoli (separately from the rice) in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Allow it to cool completely and store in a freezer safe container for 3-4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it slowly on the stovetop.
Watch me make this dish on Instagram
Weeknight Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb of beef chuck, sirloin,etc
- 2 TSB soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tps cornstarch
- 1/4 tps baking soda this makes the magic h
- 1 tps Black pepper
- 1 tps garlic powder
- 1 tps onion powder
- 1/2 tps ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced or ginger paste
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- Broccoli fresh or frozen steam bag cooked for 3-4 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil I used canola oil
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 heaping tps sugar
- 1 tps cornstarch
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar or rice wine
- 1 tps black pepper
- Slice or cube beef to desired size if needed
- then place beef In a small to medium bowl and add cornstarch, baking soda, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, 1tsp rice wine toss until beef is well coated set aside
- make sauce whisk all ingredients for sauce together and set aside
- Heat cooking oil in wok or medium to large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add previously prepared beef mixture along with onion, garlic, and ginger brown meat
- add sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes
- then toss in broccoli and combine until both the broccoli and beef are covered in sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds (optional)
- Serve over white rice or veggie fried rice
- Let’s Eat,
Share this Recipe with Friends:
FOR DAILY KITCHEN ACTION FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.