Spicy Chicken Salad is easy and quick it didn’t require any cooking. Some quick chopping and layering and lunch is served in under 20 minutes.
Spicy Chicken Salad
COVID-19 cannot have my waistline! Look now don’t y’all be over there social distancing, self quarantining, staying home and working safe, but eating all your feelings in the worse way.
In many of my meals I try to maintain balance. A little yin yang while I eat. Much like this salad filled with dark leafy greens, tomatoes, egg, avocado, but topped with a spicy deep fried chicken filet (leftover from a burger king sandwich ha!). This way I can eat what I want as long as I am mindful of how I combine the items.
TIPS FOR MAKING A HEALTHIER SALAD:
- Choose the right Greens. The type of lettuce in your salad really matters. If you want to pack in the nutrients, make sure you’re eating dark greens like spinach or arugula instead of a more water based lettuce, like iceberg or romaine.
- Dressing is key! Any salad can be made “unhealthy” by covering it in a high fat or high sugar dressing. For healthier (and lower calorie) salad dressings, look for oil or vinegar based dressings, like vinaigrettes, rather than creamy dressings, like ranch, caesar and blue cheese.
HOW TO MAKE RED WINE VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
- Combine garlic, dijon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl. (a little honey is optional)
- Whisk or shake dressing ingredients together.
- Serve or store. Store excess dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Spicy Chicken Salad
- Lettuce chopped (I like to use a mixture of red leaf, spring mix, and spinach)
- 1-2 avocado diced
- 1-2 to matoes washed and diced
- spicy chicken filet cooked and sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey to sweeten optional
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sliced egg, chicken on plate or platter.
- Whisk or shake dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.
- Let’s Eat,