We love everything about these easy Steak Fajita Quesadillas. This recipe is so delish I could eat these every night!
It is very possible to get restaurant quality steak fajita right in your own kitchen! Throw together a marinade from ingredients you already have in your fridge and pantry and your choice of steak.
HOW TO MAKE FAJITAS:
1. Choose your meat: For this recipe you will want 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of one of Steak (flank, rump or skirt steak)
2. Make Fajita Marinade: Mix soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, beef Bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, chili powder, dried oregano, smoked paprika in a gallon size resealable bag. Add meat, seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
3. Cook meat. Cook steak on a very hot skillet or grill pan for a few minutes on each side, flipping only once steak is medium rare, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Cook fajita vegetables. Cut bell peppers (any color), onion (red or yellow) and season with salt, pepper, and oil. Cook on a very hot skillet or grill pan for a few minutes until tender. Remove meat and veggies to a plate, cover with tinfoil and allow to rest.
5. Assemble Fajitas Quesadillas heat another skillet with butter and place a tortilla down. To half the tortilla layer cheese meat cheese fold over and flip to cook both sides until golden brown.
MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS:
To freeze: Chop the vegetables and meat and freeze separately in a freezer safe bag for 2-3 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and continue with step 3 of the recipe.
Steak Fajita Quesadillas
- 1-2 pounds of steak of choice cut into strips
- The Marinade:
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves crushed or minced
- 1-2 Tablespoons beef Bouillon powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- The Quesadillas:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
- 1 onion sliced or chopped sliced or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper sliced or chopped
- any other veggies you like in your fajitas mushrooms, tomatoes, etc
- 1-2 cups Quesadilla cheese or cheese of choice
- 4-8 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- place steak into a food safe resealable bag or large mixing bowl then add all marinade ingredients and toss and combine well.
- seal bag and place in refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- remove meat from fridge at least 20-30 minutes before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature
- prepare veggies
- heat a skillet with 2 TBS oil just until it begins to smoke
- add all the contents of the marinade bag to your skillet (remove the garlic is optional)
- and brown for 3-4 minutes
- add veggies and continue to cook until veggies are tender set aside
- heat another skillet with butter and place a tortilla down
- to half the tortilla layer cheese meat cheese fold over and flip to cook both sides until golden brown
- Cut into triangles
- serve warm
- Let's eat,
Did you make this recipe?Tag @Crys_Kitchen on Instagram #CrysKitchen
SHARE THIS RECIPE WITH A FRIEND
YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES.
Be sure to checkout my Taco Tuesday favorite Chicken Tinga Tacos
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.